- The language of tuition is English for all elements of the programme, including the thesis. At admission stage, non-native speakers of English must demonstrate, through the acquisition of a recognized qualification, proficiency in English at level C1 (‘proficient user’) as defined in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
- You should have taken one of:
- Please note that the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) is no longer accepted as an English language qualification.
- Your test should not be more than two years old (before the programme commences).
- If a test has not already been taken, then it is the responsibility of applicants to ensure that it is taken in good time.
- Applicants from majority English-speaking countries are not required to submit an English language qualification (see the list here).
- Applicants who have taken a whole degree (and not just individual courses) where the medium of instruction is entirely in the English language are not required to submit an English language qualification. In this case, the applicant is required to furnish evidence that the degree was taught in the English language.
- Applicants who, for whatever other reason, wish to be excepted from any aspect of these English-language requirements must contact the DCGC consortium in advance of the application deadline and in enough time for their case to be considered. Exceptions to the English-language requirements will only be considered by the Selection Committee provided there is written permission from the consortium.
- If offered a place on the programme, Category A applicants should be aware that they will be required to fulfil all aspects of the UK Visa and Immigration requirements, including showing the appropriate evidence of language proficiency. You should contact the consortium in case you are in any doubt.
Application Check List
DCGC Application Cover Sheet Research Proposal Letter of motivation / purpose Curriculum Vitae Degree Certificates Detailed transcripts Certificate of English language ability Referees Passport and/or identity card copy
Application DeadlineApplication for 2016 Erasmus Mundus fellowships now closed.
Externally-funded applicants may still apply and should contact the consortium directly.